Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Are RVers church-goers?

Nope. I haven't seen much evidence of this. Let me know if YOU are!

We generally get up and go on Sunday mornings by ourselves, leaving behind the fellow campers who are assiduously fixing breakfast, walking their dogs, or quietly breaking down camp before a departure.

In my travels around the world, getting out to Mass has been a great way to discover a town and the environment. Searching for the church, we are driving around seeing the town and the people. The same applies as we RV - we aren't just at camp, we are all over the place.

Catholics HAVE to go to Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. If we miss, we have to go to confession before approaching Holy Communion again. So unless there really is no available parish for miles, there is no excuse. And I'm glad for that!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, I get to be your first comment!! Nicely done. We've "talked" about RV'ing for 20 years. Still talking ;-)

    ReplyDelete